Thursday, May 14, 2009

Iron Hill Brewery

Today, I had the opportunity to visit the Iron Hill Brewery for lunch while I am out in West Chester (work related off-site testing). The brewery / restaurant was excellent! Great food and even better beer. While being a weirdo and taking pictures of the brewery, one of the brew masters inside asked me if I wanted to come in. So, I chatted with the 2 brew masters at Iron Hill for about 20 minutes. They were making a special spicy Wheat beer concoction that contained Grains of Paradise (also used in my Sam Adams Summer Ale clone recipie). I mentioned to them about the beers I have fermenting in my basement and said I used the Grains of Paradise for the Summer Ale. This was the first time the guys at Iron Hill were using them, so they were curious how much I used and how the batch tasted. Sadly, I could only comment on the raw taste (which was awesome) because the beer is still young (1 week into bottle conditioning). Below are some pictures of the Iron Hill brewery...

Belgian Wit

Brew Kettle

Mash/Lauter Tun
Cleaning Grains from the MLT

Fermenters and Brew Master

Fermenters 4 and 5

Fermenter 1

Iron Hill Brewery... a wonderful place to eat lunch and their beer is excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment