Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Like I previously mentioned, I am a little unsure of the color. Looking at a picture of the Fat Tire Amber Ale, it looked a little more red in color. Ours seems to be somewhat chocolate brown. I will keep posting pictures during the ferment. The temperature of the basement is about 65 degrees which is perfect for primary fermentation.
What the beer color should turn out as... we shall see!
- 5 lbs. Laaglander plain extra-light DME
- 0.50 lb. crystal malt (20° Lovibond)
- 0.50 lb. crystal malt (40° Lovibond)
- 0.50 lb. carapils malt
- 0.50 lb. Munich malt
- 0.50 lb. biscuit malt
- 0.50 lb. chocolate malt
- 3 AAUs Willamette pellet hops (0.66 oz. at 4.5% alpha acid)
- 1.33 AAUs Fuggle pellet hops (0.33 oz. at 4% alpha acid)
- 2 AAUs Fuggle pellet hops (0.50 oz. at 4% alpha acid)
- 1 tsp. Irish moss
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup corn sugar to prime
- California Ale Wyeast 1056
Dr. Robert drinking a brew.